The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has extended the re-registration periods for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) under the designations of six countries. Here are the updated details:
Extended Re-registration Periods:
- El Salvador: Extended through March 9, 2025.
- Haiti: Extended through August 3, 2024.
- Honduras: Extended through July 5, 2025.
- Nepal: Extended through June 24, 2025.
- Nicaragua: Extended through July 5, 2025.
- Sudan: Extended through April 19, 2025.
- TPS beneficiaries from these countries can submit Form I-821 (Application for Temporary Protected Status) and Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) during the 18-month extension period.
- El Salvador TPS beneficiaries can re-register beyond the previously mentioned September 10, 2023, expiration date.
- Haiti TPS beneficiaries can re-register beyond the previous March 27, 2023, expiration date.
- Sudan TPS beneficiaries can re-register beyond the prior October 20, 2023, expiration date.
- A Federal Register notice detailing this re-registration extension will be published soon.
Please note that this extension does not alter the eligibility criteria or previously announced TPS designation extensions. It solely extends the timeframe for existing beneficiaries to re-register and maintain their benefits.