EB-5 Investor Visa Attorneys – Regional Centers
Visas for Investors and their Families Making an Investment in the US
An EB-5 investment allows the investor and his or her family to immigrate to the U.S. within a short period of time. Upon making a qualifying investment and filing under the EB-5 category, the entire family will receive green cards and be able to live, work, and attend school anywhere in the U.S.
What are the requirements of the EB-5 program?
1) $1 million minimum investment; ($500,000 in Regional Centers)
2) Must create a minimum of 10 jobs (not including investor’s family); and
3) The investor must be involved in the day-to-day management of business (less involvement if Regional Center)
What is a regional center?
In simple terms, a Regional Center is a business entity which is approved by the USCIS to collect investor capital and invest those funds into various businesses or projects such as casinos, shopping malls, land developments, agriculture and farming, and wineries to name a few. There are just over 150 approved Regional Centers within the U.S.
How does a regional center operate?
A regional center operates by forming a limited partnership made of investors to do the following:
- make an equity investment (and receive equity stake) in a job-creating business;
- purchase real property and/or make substantial renovations to attract commercial tenants who create new jobs;
- make equity investment in a business entity developing a real estate project; or
- make loan(s) to job-creating borrower business(es) operating in various industries, including developing real estate projects
What are the benefits of investing into a regional center project?
-Minimum investment of $500,000 instead of $1 million
-No need to manage the business on a day-to-day basis
-Investment can be pooled with other Investors
-No need for an Extensive business plan (Required for EB-5 approval)
-Can live anywhere in the U.S. without worrying about where investment is
-Investment is only required to create 10 indirect jobs instead of direct jobs
-Usually receive approval from USCIS much quicker if investment project has received approval for other investors
Contact our office to learn more about the EB-5 Visa for yourself and your family members.